Knowledge of colour and the ability to undertake a colour analysis session is a fantastic skill that can be used within your existing business or as the launch pad for your new style business.
Following your colour analysis training you will be able to offer in-depth colour analysis sessions with individuals and groups. Consequently, you will be able to guide your clients towards a selection of flattering colours to suit their natural colouring. Armed with this information, you could help them organise their wardrobe and take them shopping. You would also be able to offer guidance on accessories, make-up and hair colour.
Colour analysis is the recommended first step in any personal style consultation. This is because it quickly makes a big difference to both a client’s wardrobe and their self-esteem. They will start to receive compliments, because wearing a great colour will make them look younger and healthier. Colour analysis works for both men and women.
We also offer a condensed option – the Essential Colour Analysis Training Module. This module is ideal if you want to be able to quickly analyse a client and add colour analysis skills to your existing hairdressing, fashion retailing, beauty therapy or personal styling business.
We use and teach a simple and proven system of colour analysis, based around the seasonal concept. This system is easy both for you to understand and to explain to your client. However, we do discuss the other systems so that you have an understanding of how they fit into colour theory.
You will be taught the history and the science behind colour analysis and then be shown how to undertake a colour consultation from start to finish.
We also offer an Advanced Colour Training Module, to teach you how to conduct a Colour Analysis Session Online.
The Complete Colour Analysis training module will teach you how to:
- Use your drapes to analyse effectively.
- Demonstrate the effect of the different colours.
- Listen to your client, build rapport and put them at their ease.
- Explain how to rescue any “wrong” colours and introduce new colours into the wardrobe.
- Advise on flattering accessories, make-up and hair colours.
- Find paying clients, network and market your business.
The simple step-by-step analysis process will help you analyse anyone skilfully and easily. A personal colour analysis consultation can be conducted with one client or in small groups of people.
You could add a make-up session to this consultation, applying cosmetics that enhance the client’s colouring.
The Face to Face Complete Colour Analysis Training module is 3½ days long and includes a practical assessment.
The Online Home Study Complete Colour Analysis Training module includes the same equipment as the face to face option and includes an online assessment.
The assessments are based on the criteria for the C&G/FIPI Masters Award in Image Consultancy.
You will receive a certificate on successful completion of your assessment.
Topics covered in the Complete Colour Analysis Module:
- The history, theory, benefits and practice of Colour Analysis.
- Understanding the colour characteristics.
- Colour Psychology.
- The full draping sequence.
- How to use a colour “swatch”.
- The importance of neutral colours.
- Creating a capsule wardrobe.
- Your image, attitude and confidence.
- Your business – finding clients and networking.
The Complete Colour Analysis Training kit includes the following equipment – all you need to get started:
- A full set of 89 colour drapes, including silver and gold.
- Online access to the training videos, handouts and manual pages.
- Four seasonal colour swatches.
- Colour chart and artist’s colour wheel.
- Eye analyser, cover-up cape and hair turban.
- Four lipsticks and a set of applicators.
- A set of fabric samples.
Instalment options are available – please call or email the office for details. + 44 (0) 1442 359689
The Online Option costs £1,100 and you will gain immediate access to the training content. Your training equipment will be shipped to you, and will arrive a few days later.
The Face to Face Option costs £1,900 and you can secure your place now with a 10% deposit of £190. The fee also includes access to the online module so that you can continue your learning at home after the course.
Please call or email to confirm availability and to pay your deposit.