Flexibility is often touted as one of the major benefits of working for yourself.
- You can set your own timetable
- You can work when you want
- You can work around your family
All of which are true – however you do need to work sometimes! BUT the key is that it doesn’t have to be 9-5.
This flexibility as been so important to me this week, as I have juggled the highs and lows of life.
The ability to choose my own hours has allowed me to do the following:
- Work with a fabulous client on Saturday, creating the template for her simple, stress free working wardrobe as she is being fast tracked to CEO.
- On Tuesday I was able to quickly rearrange my diary and work late, so that I could have brunch with a friend who was on an impromptu visit from Austria.
- And on Wednesday I was able to attend a family funeral in Cardiff.
It isn’t always possible to rearrange consultations, meetings or training sessions at short notice. But planned events can be slotted into the diary and worked around.
If you would like to have that flexibility in your life, then running your own style business could be the answer…..