Knowledge of colour and the ability to undertake a colour analysis session is a fantastic skill that can be used within your existing business or as the launch pad for a new business.
Following your colour analysis training you will be able to offer in-depth colour analysis sessions with individuals and groups. You will then be able to guide your clients towards a selection of flattering colours that will suit their natural colouring. Armed with this information, you could help them organise their wardrobe, take them shopping, as well as offer guidance on accessories, make-up and hair colour.
Colour analysis is the recommended first step in any personal consultation, as this quickly makes a big difference to both a client’s wardrobe and their self-esteem. They will start to receive compliments, because wearing a great colour will make them look younger and healthier. Colour analysis works for both men and women.
You could study just the Complete Colour Analysis Module, building a stand alone colour business or alternatively it could be part of your Image Professional Course.
We also offer a condensed option – the Essential Colour Analysis Module – ideal if you want to be able to quickly analyse a client and add colour skills to your existing hairdressing, fashion retailing, beauty therapy or personal styling business.
We use and teach a simple and proven system of colour analysis, based around the seasonal system, which is easy both for you to understand and to explain to your client. You will be taught the history and the science behind colour analysis and then be shown how to undertake a colour consultation from start to finish.
The Complete Colour Analysis training module will teach you how to:
- Use your drapes to analyse effectively
- Demonstrate the effect of the different colours
- Listen to your client, build rapport and put them at their ease
- Explain how to rescue any “wrong” colours and introduce new colours into the wardrobe
- Advise on flattering accessories, make-up and hair colours
- Find paying clients, network and market your business
You could add a make-up session to this consultation, applying cosmetics that enhance the client’s colouring and offering you the potential for on-going, repeat sales.
The Face to Face Complete Colour Analysis module is 3 days long and includes a practical assessment.
The Home Study Complete Colour Analysis module includes the same equipment, products and manual as the face to face option and includes an online assessment.
The assessments are based on the criteria for the C&G/FIPI Masters Award in Image Consultancy.
You will receive a certificate on successful completion of your assessment.
Topics covered on the Complete Colour Analysis Training Module:
- The history, theory, benefits and practice of Colour Analysis.
- Understanding the colour characteristics.
- Colour Psychology.
- The full draping sequence.
- How to use a colour “swatch”.
- The importance of neutral colours.
- Creating a capsule wardrobe.
- Your image, attitude and confidence.
- Your business – finding clients and networking.
The Complete Colour Analysis kit includes the following equipment – all you need to get started:
- A full set of 88 colour drapes, including silver and gold.
- A training manual printed in full colour.
- Four seasonal colour swatches.
- Colour chart and artist’s colour wheel.
- Eye analyser, cover-up cape and hair turban.
- Four lipsticks and a set of applicators.
- A set of fabric samples.
- A full set of training DVDs including examples of different colour analysis clients and a DVD demonstrating ways to use your colour knowledge.
- A compact carry case in which to transport all of your equipment.
The Distance Learning Module costs £1150 and can be shipped/posted to you immediately.
The Face to Face Module costs £1750 and you can secure your place now with a 10% deposit of £175.
Training Dates 2017
Saturday 10th June – Monday 12th June
Friday 29th September – Sunday 1st October
Please call or email to confirm availability and to pay your deposit.