Packing for a holiday can be a stressful situation, there is always so much to complete and I know that when I am preparing for holiday I am often tired and can’t think straight. That’s when a simple check list comes in super handy. The following check list is designed to help make your packing simpler. It’s your friend – use it – we can’t be super woman all of the time!
Your Wash Bag
Firstly, long gone are the days of taking a huge bottle of shampoo or body wash in your suitcase if you don’t need to – welcome to the days of decanting product. There are lots of different options out there – here are just a couple of examples:
I absolutely love the ‘empties’ range by Bobbi Brown
These John Lewis squeezy bottles are a great investment and fine for travelling with that effortlessly packed cabin luggage, the plastic isn’t rigid so you can do what they say and ‘squeeze’!
Often the toiletry bag is the last thing that you think about – but once you have this nailed you’ll be surprised how quickly the rest of your suitcase will follow!
For the ultimate in easy travel solutions….
- If you’re camping the hanging up variety are brilliant! Try https://www.happybags.co.uk/reisenthel-toilet-bag-hanging-wash-bag.html
- If you know that you are going to a snazzy hotel, think about whether you need to pack quite the same amount of items because hopefully there will be some gorgeous free products in your bathroom!
- For a short trip, stock up on samples – why not pull out those free sachets in magazines?
- Wash Bag Leakage! Nobody wants any leakage! Grab some Sellotape and seal off bottles so they don’t burst, especially if your wash bag is travelling in the hold!
- Wrap anything you aren’t sure about in a plastic bag – there is nothing worse than spending the first half hour of your holiday in your hotel room washing out the insides of your wash bag!
- Ziploc bags are your friend – they can also help you separate your items. If you can, cushion the blow, either by putting cotton wool balls/pads, a flannel or your buff in with your toiletries.
- If you do need to travel with medication or contact lenses, check you have enough and order a repeat prescription ahead of time.
This is my list of items (and associated necessities!) to pack in your wash bag, you might want to print it out and just tick off the list as you pop things in your wash bag!
Feel free to add more items….
- Dental floss
- Mouth wash
- Hair gel / mousse / spray
- Hair brush / comb
- Shower gel
- Body lotion
- Flannel / buff
- Eye make-up remover
- Eye Cream/Serums
- Cotton wool, pads, buds
- Nail file
- Nail varnish remover pads
- Spare nail varnish for annoying chips!
- Razor / Hair Removal
- Contact lenses and solution etc
- Mosquito repellent (my ankles are not going to be bitten this year!)
- Sanitary wear
- Medicines including plasters and first aid kit
- Children’s medication?
- Sun tan lotion
- After sun
- Small pair of scissors (pack in your hold luggage!)
- Small magnifying mirror – scary but essential! http://www.boots.com/en/Tweezerman-TweezerMate-10X-magnifying-Mirror_20789/
If you travel regularly it is well worth having the majority of these products already in your wash bag ready to go when you want to leave in a hurry! Having a well packed and streamlined suitcase is the ultimate capsule wardrobe so if you need help, head over to The Wardrobe That Works website and learn about my 8 step wardrobe management programme to a simplified and gorgeous wardrobe!