Clients ask me for advice all the time how to dress for an interview and I contributed to a recent article in Pride Magazine about this – here are my top tips.
What to Wear
As humans we believe what we see, we make subconscious decisions and judgements about people in just a few seconds – especially in an interview situation.
- Do some research on the company – what is their dress code? Then match their style of dress.
- A jacket will always look smart and if you feel overdressed you can remove it if necessary (so long as you are wearing a long sleeved top/shirt underneath)
- Ensure your grooming is impeccable – clean clothes, shoes, hair, nails and body.
- Women wear some make-up and clear out your handbag!
- Men don’t stuff your pockets or wear an anorak!
To read the rest of the article look in our media centre – please click here…